Prep Time: 35 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
- Won-ton pastry sheets, frozen
- Peanut oil 3 tbsp
- Scallion 1/2 bunch, diced bulbs and green part
- Garlic 1 clove crushed
- Spinach 100 g in fresh strips
- Tofu 100 g, diced
- Mung beans 100 g, tinned
- Soy sauce 3-4 tbsp
- Egg white 1, beaten
- Chive 1 bunch
- To prepare the vegetarian dim sum recipe start defrosting the pastry under a damp tea towel so it doesn’t dry out.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the scallions and the garlic.
- Add the spinach, tofu and the mung beans and season with soya sauce and ground black pepper.
- Spread out the pastry sheets and brush with the beaten egg white.
- Place some of the vegetable filling in the middle of each sheet.
- Bring the corners of each pastry sheet together and tie with the chives.
- Fill a wok with sufficient water so that when the bamboo steamer is placed inside, it floats and does not touch the pan.
- Place the dim sum parcels in the bamboo steamer and cover.
- Place a lid on the wok and allow the dim sum to steam for around 10 minutes.
- Serve the vegetarian dim sums with soy sauce.