5 Fun Places to Shop in Macao
By Vikas Sangle
No trip is complete without some soul-warming shopping. We all need some knick knacks to bring back home or pick up some gifts for friends and all you need are some good places, great deals and a well-stocked wallet. Macao gives you some really good options to indulge in some retail therapy. So, go ahead and splurge.
1. The Three Lamps District: This area of Macao, also known as Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, is in the historic part of Macao and is the most popular shopping area. The roundabout in the Three Lamps District is where all the shopping action is with small shops, boutiques and street vendors vying for your attention. If you are not a shopaholic, then you can take a stroll down this area and get an idea about this city’s day-to-day life, which is quite exciting.
2. The Shoppes at Four Seasons: A great place for some exclusive, high-end shopping, the Shoppes at Four Seasons gives you an opportunity to pick up your favourite brands under one roof. Many people visit to buy makeup as it is reasonably priced. There is a lot to see and explore and you should take your time to soak up the ambience of this place. If shopping tires you, then the coffee shop is a good place to rest and get refreshed before you decide to take out your wallets again.
3. Dasanba Street: Located close to the Ruins of St. Paul’s Dasanba Street, also known as Rua de Sao Paulo, is one action-packed place. This is where most visitors to Macao will land up and get caught in the hustle and bustle of shops. The best stuff to pick up here are the bakery products and traditional Chinese snacks also known as ‘food souvenirs’ from Macao. The best thing is that you can try everything before you buy. If you have your camera with you, then just go crazy taking pictures and don’t forget to tag them #MyMacaoMoments.
4. Rua do Cunha: This street in Macao is not that long but has everything that you might want on your long shopping list. There are lots of bakeries, restaurants and cafes with baked goodies for all kinds of taste buds, which is typical of most shopping areas in Macao. Besides that, this street offers many gift shops selling souvenirs and accessories. Do not forget to check out the mural art on the walls and take pictures with this unique backdrop. This street gives you an enjoyable and wholesome experience.
5. Cunha Bazaar: Located at the end of Rua do Cunha Street is the Cunha Bazaar. This beautifully painted and elaborately decorated three-storied shop is a great place to pick up unique souvenirs created by the local artisans of Macao. Each floor has something special to offer and while you are here, do not forget to check out the Panda products, which are exclusive to this place. Cunha Bazaar is a place worth visiting for shopping and for browsing. There is a good chance that you will not come out empty handed out here.