5 Best Indian Restaurants in Macao
By Vikas Sangle
Feeling a little homesick for some Indian food while in Macao? Then look no further as we bring you the five best Indian restaurants in Macao. It’s all the spices and flavours of home served by the best in this city of flavours. It’s time to dig in.
- The Golden Peacock: Situated at The Venetian, the Golden Peacock is one of the new Indian restaurants in Macao. One can savour fine traditional Indian cuisine at this place and the lunch buffet has a huge spread with everything you can think of. It promises to bring you the true taste of India; all you need to do is go and check it out.
The Golden Peacock, The Venetian Macao Estrada da Baia de Nossa Senhora da Esperanca Casino Level1, Shop 1037, Macau
Phone: +86 81189696
Open from: 11 am to 11 pm
- Indian Spice Express: To get a taste of home away from home, head to the Indian Spice Express at The Venetian Food Court. This place seems to be very popular with many Indian visitors. The vegetarian food is good and if you are an Indian vegetarian then this place is a foodie paradise. Well-priced and aptly located, this restaurant should be on your list when you crave for Indian food in Macao.
Indian Spice Express, 2513 Grand Canal Shoppes, The Venetian Macao
Open from: 10 am to midnight
- Indian Garden: Tasty and spicy, that’s what the Indian food here is all about. It is Indian food as it should be: finger licking tasty. The curries at this joint are worth trying and grab a lassi to wash it all down after a hot and spicy meal. This place also serve Indian beer. It also has a lunch buffet and the interiors have been done up in a very traditional Indian way.
Indian Garden, Block No 27, Shop Number 18, Macao.
Phone: +853 – 28837088
Open from: 11 am to 3 pm and 6 pm to 11 pm
- Aruna’s Maharaja Indian Curry: If you are looking for a place to enjoy Indian food in Macao with a homely ambience, then this is the place for you. Run by a lady called Aruna Jha, the food served here is big on taste. This was also one of the first Indian restaurants in Macao. A good place to head to when you are travelling with family as there is something for everyone. This is no fine dine place, but it is a place you can relax and enjoy the food in truly informal manner.
Aruna’s Maharaja Indian Curry, Av De Marciano Baptista No 92, Hung On Center BL 1, R/C A, Macao.
Phone: +853 66613382
Open from: 11 am to 11 pm
- Taste of India: This restaurant is located very close to the Macao Ferry Pier and the Sands Hotel. It serves good Indian food and has an al a carte lunch buffet. This is also one of the most popular Indian restaurants in Macao. If you are lucky, you might get some good discounts and the friendly staff will help you pick the best on the menu. There is also a full bar so you can find the right beverage to complement your meal.
Taste of India, Macau Fisherman’s Wharf, Macao.
Phone: +853 28728413
Open from: Always Open
If you’re in Macao then post your photos with the tag #MyMacaoMoments.